Your Final for this class is to write a three- to five-page compare-and-contrast research paper that investigates how two works of art from different periods styles represent a particular them in
art. Your comparison must focus on the artists and period styles covered in LA 121 and must include at least ONE artwork from a period style introduced after Module 7.
The pair you choose must be drawn from two different period styles. For example, you may compare a Mannerist artwork with a Baroque artwork. However, you may NOT compare a Mannerist
artwork with another work from the Mannerist period.
It is important to choose two artworks that have a number of things in common as well as a number of unique aspects to compare.
Before you write your paper, you must submit a proposal to your instructor for approval. Your proposal will help both you and your instructor ensure that you are planning an appropriate
Download the Proposal Worksheet here.
Write a 3-5 page essay comparing and contrasting two works of art from two different styles covered in this course between the periods of the High Renaissance and Impressionism. One of your
selected works of art must be from AFTER the midterm (Modules 8-14) You must cover the following points in your comparison:
Introduction and Thesis
· Introduce the artwork titles, period styles and artists names
· Briefly state what you believe is significant about these artworks
· In other words… Tell your reader what works of art you will be discussing and why you think they are important
· Correctly identify artwork titles, period styles and artists names
· Compare the artworks by discussing key stylistic characteristics associated with artists and period styles
· Apply art history vocabulary correctly and uses it to support your stylistic analysis
· In other words… What make these works stylistically significant?
· Compare the artworks by discussing key cultural issues associated with artists and periods
· Discuss how the cultural context of each period influenced the artistic development of the period style (Make connections between cultural context and style)
· In other words… What makes these works culturally significant?
Conclusion and Thematic Connection
· Analyze the ways art can affect and/or reflect cultural, political and social issues
· Draw conclusions about the artist / society which produced the artwork from the comparison
· In other words… What “Thematic Connection” can you make between the two works of art that helps you better understand them or the culture they represent?
· Incorporate 3 our more sources (outside of lecture notes & textbook) to support your analysis
· Properly cite your sources using MLA format
· Include a list of “Works Cited”
· Use of grammar, spelling and punctuation correctly throughout your paper
In other words…there should be no mechanical errors!
3 in addition to the module text
· scholarly professional web site (for example, a museum, research institute or university)
· nonfiction book published within the last 50 years
· an art history textbook such as Garnders Art Through the Ages, Jansen’s, or Schneider-Adams
· professional art historical publication (magazine or journal, can be online) such as The Art Bulletin
· Databases such as the Oxford Dictionary of Art Online (accessible through the AAU Library website)
· Credible professional websites such as those of museums, galleries, and universities, for example:
· The Getty Center
· The Metropolitan Museum of Art
In other words… Don’t use Wikipedia!!!
Your research paper must:
· Be a minimum of 3-5 pages, excluding illustrations, headings, and paragraph breaks.
· Be spell-checked, grammar-checked, proofread for errors not caught by your computer.
· Include a heading containing your full name, ID number, class title and section, date, and instructor’s name.
· Be typed and double-spaced, 12-point, Times New Roman font.
· Be submitted as a Microsoft Word-compatible document (.doc or .rtf, not .docx).
Cite references used according to MLA style and include a Works Cited page at the end of your essay. You are encouraged to use A Writer’s Reference by Diana Hacker (see alsoResearch and
Documentation Online, 5th edition) for help with MLA style, revision, punctuation, and sentence style, and A Short Guide to Writing About Art by Sylvan Barnett for specific help with comparing
and contrasting artwork.
heres the two art work’s title
Impression Sunrise, by Monet,1872. impressionism
Raphael [1483-1520] – Marriage of the Virgin, 1504. high renaissance
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.